Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Google AdSense widget + hosting updates

I've been hooked on Yahoo! Widgets (formery Konfabulator) for a month or so. One particularly handy third-party widget is Jehiah Czebotar's Google AdSense Widget, which I keep in "heads up" mode and flip over to occasionally to see if I've made enough to cover my hosting each month (this month I have--thanks!). Something must have changed in the Google API, because v1.1 quit working all of a sudden (the variables it fetches started coming back "undefined). But the new 1.2 version fixes the problem (even though Jehiah.com still lists 1.1 as the current version).

Speaking of hosting, my hosting providor is upgrading soon to include lots of new features including Ruby on Rails. I have been fairly burned out on web development in general of late. But learning a new language is always fun. So I've thought about taking the dive and recoding a few of my projects in Ruby. Right now, I'm just learning the ropes of the language itself. To that end (on Windows anyway), the Ruby One-Click Installer has been handy. It includes FreeRIDE, a handy IDE that makes coding up and working through demos and such very simple.

1 Comments:

Blogger timsamoff said...

If only Yahoo! Widgets had a preference for setting which Browser to use -- my work computer has to be set to IE for work-related stuff, but I sure with the Widget engine would open stuff in Firefox (i.e., the Flickr Widget, etc.).

Speaking of RonR -- I've been looking into it too...

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home