Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cronenberg reconsidered

Back in July of last year, I swore off ever watching any more David Cronenberg films. The occasion for my oath was his film Spider, which is as beautifully shot as any of his others, but to me was a pretentious and overly drawn out affair. Well, now I have to eat some crow. My wife brought home A History of Violence and it is a truly great film. I enjoyed every minute of it. And the DVD extras that I've watched so far are also great. Every actor in the film turns in a memorable performance. I like the look of the film. And its message, as I take it, is also significant. All in all, I'm glad I watched it and I'd gladly watch it again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Jenkins said...

hey "wheat". i'm a charlestonian as well. i am a rock star. no, i mean, i play music. i only pretend to be one. i am a drummer. i have a b-log as well. i found you through... you know.. browsing.

um. you like tom waits. that cool. i'm playing a show on the 13th with a friend (lindsay holler) and our stuff is... waitish. she's a great fan. i am a small one.

the show is at the map room. it is free. i am sorry this is so... long.

no reason for this. have a great week.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home