Thursday, April 20, 2006

Duly noted

Just a few things going on that might be of interest to some of you. First, Paul at onfocus.com has a nice post about using Google Calendar which illustrates some best practices I intend to emulate. I think that Google Calendar the big G one step closer to world domination (it's still beta, so go cautiously. Mine just ate the dozen or so appointments I had put in last week). I'm still waiting for Google Word and Google Excel (or, hell, why not Google OS).

John, of Daring Fireball fame is the second person I know of to try a hand a being an independent, full-time blogger. I've really been enjoying his blog of late, so I wish him well. If you dig his site and want to fuel his passion for Mac punditry, buy a t-shirt and support the cause.

I discovered that bloglines has a handy feature that lets you embed your blogroll very easily into your site, so I worked one up. If you use folders to organize your feeds, those turn into column headings. Putting an empty folder anywhere in the list will also create an arbitrary header. So it's fairly easy to control the output without any serious tweaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home